Thursday, July 15, 2010

All set to offer myself to blissful LADAKH




Hi all, I am off to a Paradise again. Yessssss.. the himalayan loving, mountain crazy guy is off to chasing his dream again. I am visiting the 'Land of Lamas - Ladakh', after a gap of more than two years. This time it won't be just traveling there. We are gonna climb a peak and I am all excited about it. Peak climb that too in Ladakh, it's a dream worth fulfilling. Ladakh has already made me feel special. First time when I visited, it opened all its breathtaking views for me. I was just amazed by its beauty and raw power. I usually feel great whenever I visit Himalayas and Ladakh has become my addiction.

The peak name is Stok Kangri- elevation 6,153 m (20,187 feet). It is the highest mountain in Stok Range of the Himalayas in Ladakh region. The view from the top is one of the best in the Himalaya, offering great views of the Zanskar and Karakoram ranges including K2 (8611 m) (the second highest peak in the world ,currently in POK). Reaching such a height will be a serious challenge. Our first target will be reaching Leh. In Leh, we need to make all the permits and then we will head to Stok Village. From here we will have to cover our way till the base camp (16400ft) in foot. When we reach Base camp after few days, we will halt for a day for acclimatization. From base camp we will aim for the peak. It will be a long journey of over 8 hours and we need to submit the peak by 10am, because after that the weather starts deteriorating. That means we have to start by 2am. he he he.. Over 16000ft in the night in Ladakh- I am frozen ice-cream. The thought of it is freezing my blood now. It will very tough to climb upto the peak, which is at 20,187 feet, with temperatures much below freezing point and virtually no oxygen. I won't miss my gym, bcoz at that height even breathing is an exercise.

I have never exposed my body to such a height before. I have climbed 18,500ft max, during my mountaineering course and this time I will breach it. I will be pushing my physical limits and nature will test me. I don't know how my body will react. I have trained hard and worked a lot on my stamina ,it should pay off now. Let's see what happens. I firmly believe the breathtaking view which I will witness from the peak and satisfaction which I will derive after the summit, will take all my pains away.

Friends, I feel honoured to share this journey details with you all. I definitely need all your wishes and encouragement for making my adventure successful. I will be hitting New Delhi very soon, where I will meet my group. There cannot be better start for my trip, as I will be meeting my best buddy, 'Sanjeev Bansal', before pushing off for Ladakh. It will be a huge boost to my morale.

Till the time I reach I see Himalayas again, my heart will sing - 'Country roads take me home, to the place, I belong.....'


No comments:

Post a Comment